Thursday, May 19, 2011

Get Off Your Seat & Enter the World of Bill Peet!

As our end of the year author study, we are delving into the world of the fabulous, Bill Peet.  This author/illustrator/film maker has written and illustrated over 30 children's books, as well as contributed to Disney classics, such as 101 Dalmatians, The Sword and the Stone, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Pinocchio, and Sleeping Beauty.  









We have just begun to explore the amazing stories of Mr. Peet, but already we are recognizing common themes, like realizing we are all special in our own way and the importance of showing gratitude and generosity.  It is obvious that Bill Peet was a very special man with many important, worthwhile messages to share with his readers.   We look forward to our continued exploration of the wonderful world of Bill Peet!



Which book has been your favorite?  Which character have you enjoyed the most?  Why?

Our Attribute Chart for Bill Peet Books.

1 comment:

  1. Hi miss Hoffmann!!Its me,Aspen.I LOVE your blog.I miss you so much!Its hard being in school five days a week without seeing your smile.I've all ready read six whole chapter books!Plus,I am catching up with my reading and writing goals.This week,I got a 95% on my reading test!Well,got to get to homework...I hope I see you around the school!See you soon!

    ReplyDelete